One of the core beliefs of the East Midlands West Maths Hub is that collaboration between practitioners improves the standards to teaching and learning, through professional challenge and supported developmental change. Collaboration between special school colleagues and establishments will benefit both those schools as well as teachers and leaders in main stream who work children with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND).
SEND in Mathematics
This innovation group explores approaches and strategies to ensure that SEND students develop a deep understanding of mathematics which they can then apply to the real world. It is aimed at all teachers and TAs working with SEND students from KS2- KS3.
- an increased understanding of mathematical pedagogy
- an increased understanding of how to effectively support SEND learners with a range of needs.
- the use of variation to ensure a deep understanding and improved outcomes from students
- Students’ mathematical thinking will be developed as a result of the approaches learned in the sessions
- Students will have improved fluency
- Students will see mathematics as a coherent collection of ideas and be able to make better connections between different areas of mathematics
Please register your interest here.